Saturday 29 December 2012

A Corner of My Kitchen

In a corner of my kitchen is a mini kitchen, I put it together with bits I collected or made during my pregnancy, and beyond. It provides Greta with entertainment while i'm busy, if she doesn't feel like joining in with the real cooking.


Two little dressers painted white and a tiny old chippy high chair for a doll or a teddy.

I found the three enamel pots at seperate times and places, they are perfect for her little hands

A third little cupboard is a cooker of sorts. Who says little ones can't use china and glass? So far there has only been one breakage. We don't bother with plastic at the table either.


The "food" is salt dough, made a while ago, recently added now that she has grasped the concept of pretend eating. There are some bigger food items, but these small chunks are the favorites, perfect for putting into pots and stirring.
The shelves are lined with scrapbooking papers, little tea towels with hanging loops made from one full sized tea towel.


The brass tap is the only new item, included because it fitted in with the theme i wanted and is so easy for Greta's little hands to turn for pretend water, there is a enamel basin under one of the dressers she can pull out to use as a sink.

More enamel pieces and another little aluminium pot on the stove top. One day I may paint on some burners, so far the simplicity is enough. The cupboard under the stove is sometimes her oven and other times storage.

Do you try to limit the amount of plastic in your little ones life?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it's lovely. I remember little me playing with kitchen stuff with no end. Clever mom you are :)

    ReplyDelete