Wednesday 12 December 2012

Pirate-y Makings

I've been busy putting some pirate / nautical themed makings into my Shop
My Etsy Shop BlueyLovesCocoa

'

 
I've made Nautical Bunting from pieces of vintage barkcloth. The barkcloth was a find in Busselton, in the South-West earlier this year.
 
 




 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made a couple of cushions / throw pillows from sections of a miliatry jacket, complete with brass buttons, and more of the vintage barkcloth. The addition of a little piece of striped t-shirting adds to the nautical / pirate theme. The cushions make a nice pair as they feature different ships and also different emblems. The military jacket was destined for landfill. It was in beautiful condition and I had to give it another chance at a bit more life. I can image these in a boys bedroom or a beach house.
 
 
I've also made a quilt, single (twin) bed sized, from various repurposed nautical and piratey themed fabrics. The quilt-top fabrics are mainly t-shirting, so really soft and the quilt-back was an amazing vintage sheet find with old ships and nautical symbols. When working on this quilt I was thinking of either bed or play, and used polyfibre inner, nice and puffy, easy care, light-weight.
 
I had fun trying to conduct this photo shoot in unideally windy conditions, it was a bit later in the day than expected, due to waiting for Greta to wake from her day sleep, and most of these photos were taken with my toddler literally holding onto my leg... They aren't perfect but its a start, I might need to add some inside shots to the shop photos.
 
Finally I'm working on a custom order for a girl pirate doll, she's almost ready to go to her new home. I will get her to model for me before she leaves and will upload the photos here soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment