Tuesday 1 January 2013

Vegetable Hating Doll with Vintage Mattress Stack

I know I'm late to this party... I know there has been a trend for vegie hating fairytale dolls with mattress stacks since Mollie Makes published this article in June:

http://treefalldesign.typepad.com/tree_fall/2012/06/mollie-makes-a-princess-and-a-pea.html

Very much inspired, I had intended to make a little set for Greta for Christmas. But time got away from me, as happens around here sometimes. Anyway, while i had Bluey home on holidays this week, I got to work on her


Vintage Sheet Mattresses, with a couple of other upcycled fabrics mixed


The little princess, with dirty face, already loved. I used vintage lace, hankerchiefs and linen for my princess and her clothing, pillow and quilt. A tiny salt dough "pea" and excitingly I bought a little wooden ladder, from this lovely lady http://www.etsy.com/transaction/107044599


Vintage lace crown


My Muse, Greta


Mini Me?





I'm really happy with the way she turned out, Greta's enjoying her too.

Check out Manda's Etsy shop here http://www.etsy.com/shop/TreefallDesign?ref=em

I do plan on sewing a carry / storage bag for her, like Manda did, and I will give that princess a wash soon too.

8 comments:

  1. I wish You all the best in New Year 2013! Greetings from Poland! Your works are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I really love it! I think I need to add making a doll to my sewing list this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! And she is already well loved which is so sweet to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i filed the mollie makes article away for future reference, but haven't got around to it yet. they are lovely, yours is lovely, as is your wee lass x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just lovely...just what every little girl would love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm late to this party... I know there has been a trend for vegie hating fairytale dolls with mattress stacks since Mollie Makes published this article in June http://www.chron.com/business/press-releases/article/Latex-Mattress-Comparison-Released-by-4266291.php

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    Latex Mattress by Natural Mattress Matters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Typical warranties run between 10 and 15 years and may last upwards of 20 years. Be sure to read what the warranty does and doesn't cover as it may save you time, money and headaches in the future. kenworth

    ReplyDelete