Thursday 13 December 2012

Girls Can Be Pirates!

This is a custom order I have been working, she is a pirate girl doll.

She is also a recycling mascot. She has a tactile velvet hat and cape. Her shirt, bloomers, bandana, cape lining and bag are made of repurposed t-shirting, for the cuddle factor. I've used vintage lace on her bloomers and to edge her cape. I also added some vintage lace trim to her little bag, which holds her treasure map and compass. She has a red leather belt to match her spotty bandana. Her soft tulle skirt is removable, so are her hat and bandana, eyepatch and belt. Of course, being made by a button junkie, she features a variety of vintage buttons; nautical, metal and military. Other fabrics are upcycled, only her fill and a few bits, like the elastic are new.

The pirates, boys and girls, also look lovely in green with black and white. I'll try and find a photo to upload, when i get a chance.

I've linked this post to My Creative Space, for the first time... so much talent...







No comments:

Post a Comment